Hersey Road

“Another possible ancient site is suggested by other deeds preserved by Dixon 13/1/17, which calls one of the properties Paper Mill Close [or Stole Croft].” David Saunders John Sass refers to a paper mill in 1667, but believed it defunct by 1703.

Richard Anderson was the miller up to about 1788. Stamford Mercury “wind and water mill with a house, and three acres of land within a ring fence.” 1833 sold for £1210 – 1843 sold for £775 Destroyed by fire due to self combustion.

Slide34.jpg

1911

Caistor__Watermill__Lincs__1911[1].jpg